Thursday 19 March 2015

Alien vs. Predator: Reqiuem (2007)



 
This movie continues from where it stopped. A fusion between the Alien and the Predator has broken out of a carcass of a Predator. This fusion is called a PredAlien and it has escaped onto a capsule for earth. It attacks a local community and wreaks havoc on the local populace. 




Why? Why did this movie fail more than its predecessor? Well I am going to be blunt that I was expecting this PredAlien to cause immense destruction, but I could barely see it in the dark and on other occasions, it takes its time. Most of the scenes in this movie were shot in darkness and were only visible if viewed with the Predator's infrared lighting or with external light sources. 


Just the usual nonsense, the humans take up a large fraction of running time. We have to watch the human characters go through their own side stories, which I know nobody gives a toss about. This wastes time and brings this movie to boredom. Again, I wanted the Predator and the PredAlien to dominate the screens, not these humans. 


Remember the last time where at least three "teenage" Predators were on the hunt? Well, this time there is only one Predator containing this rampage and destroying any evidence lying around connected to such. How cheap can these film makers get? 


And what can I say about the noises in this movie? Imagine you are in the cinema and various pitches of noise pierce your ears. You would be writhing in pain, tempted to walk out before your hearing is diminished. Noise after noise without giving it a break, just leaves constant reverberations in the head! Ouch! 


If there is one thing I hate in this movie, it is a scene where a pregnant woman is subjected by the PredAlien. This scene demonstrates how far the writers have gone to think of something terrible. Watching several Aliens hatch inside her abdomen leaves me writhing in agony. So this PredAlien can do what it did above: bypass the life cycle and just have Aliens hatch inside its subject. I think I might lose my appetite. 


So this movie is just another waste of money. It is targeted at a young audience and relinquishes the violence of its predecessors. It suffers from an ensemble of cardboard characters, poor lighting, excessively loud sound effects and lack of excitement. I would not even encourage anyone to look for this as much as I would the previous installment. Overall, this movie sucks big time. 


No comments: